Friday, December 30, 2011

More from Posit Science

Alright, so I've done some more assessments with Posit Science:

Visual Training

Master Gardener:  This measures my visual working memory processing speed.  It was calculated to be 104 ms, with a goal set for 69 ms.

 Road Tour:  This measures my useful field of view (the field from which my brain can extract information).  It was calculated to be 61 ms (don't ask why it's measured in ms; I have no idea), with a goal set for 18 ms.  This corresponds to widening it by about 1.7 feet in terms of size.

Auditory Training

High or Low?:  I managed to distinguish 35 ms sweeps spaced 20 ms apart.

Tell us apart:  I cleared doe/toe, nearly cleared bu/du and gah/dah, and started sah/stah

Match it!:  This one is similar to tell us apart, but it's more like concentration.  I managed to do this with 24 cards.

~Ian

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anything which is both a known logical fallacy and a personal insult will be mercilessly mocked all the way to fictional hell, and anything which is one or the other will be relentlessly rebuked. I am an unconditional proponent of free speech, and as such open debate is always welcome. This means that disemvowelling and temporary suspension will only be used when commenters have shown that they are nothing more than flamers. Commenters will only be banned completely when they post information that can actively harm another individual, such as docs. Anonymous comments are disallowed to weed out cowardly flamers who hide behind anonymity. If you play nice, this may change in the future :-)