Tuesday, January 10, 2012

New goals

So, I didn't manage to get the tampon gun working in time.  I know what I did wrong, though, so we shall try again this summer.

In other news, let's see how I met my brain training goals:

0000.  Get up to D4B, and possibly D5B:  Success.  I have managed to get to D4B, though not often or for long.

0001.  Increase my average N to at least 3.5:  Failed.  I just used DNB today, and my N is still only 2.80.

0010. Try to see if I can do at least Tri 3-back:  Success.  Although, I failed at T3B, even worse than at D3B.  The one that seems to be at about my level is T2B, just like D3B is.

0011. Train with DNB once a day:  Failed.  Not only did I not keep this during finals week, I forgot to train with it for quite some time after.

0100. Get some more brain training software from someone like PositScience, and have some serious fun with that:  Success.  This is probably the most successful goal I set; not only did I get the software and have serious fun with it, I'm doing exceedingly well with the software.

As you can see, I'm 3-2 for successes and failures.  So, what are my goals for this month?

0000.  Get up to D5B, even if it's just for a few rounds.

0001.  Increase my average N to at least 3.5.


0010. Get good enough at T3B so that it's more at my level.


0011. Train with DNB at least three times a week, and with Posit Science at least three times a week.

0100. Meet my miscellaneous goals set by the Posit Science software.

Why only three times with each?  For one thing, my once-per-day policy seemed to be exhausting me.  This way, I have one day of rest each week.

~Ian

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anything which is both a known logical fallacy and a personal insult will be mercilessly mocked all the way to fictional hell, and anything which is one or the other will be relentlessly rebuked. I am an unconditional proponent of free speech, and as such open debate is always welcome. This means that disemvowelling and temporary suspension will only be used when commenters have shown that they are nothing more than flamers. Commenters will only be banned completely when they post information that can actively harm another individual, such as docs. Anonymous comments are disallowed to weed out cowardly flamers who hide behind anonymity. If you play nice, this may change in the future :-)