Monday, May 14, 2012

tDCS stuff

Well, since I only have one follower as of this post, I probably didn't disappoint many people by disappearing for months on end.  To anyone I did disappoint, I apologize.  I got really busy.

I said that I'd be using this blog for recording my brain training.  It's not that I forgot to record it; it's that I stopped altogether.  Period.  This semester was so busy, I couldn't even take time to do that.

So, I shall get back to brain training.  In the meantime, let's focus on what really matters:  biohacking.  Currently, what I'm doing is building a device designed to send 2 mA of current through my brain.  Yes, you read that correctly.  The point is to engage certain brain states:  in this case, a state called flow.  More on that later, though.  In the meantime, here's a video I recently did on the subject, where I showed my crappy prototype.  I have a much better design now than I did then.  Basically, I'm done; I've got almost all the code finalized, the entire schematics written, etc.  All I need now are the parts that I shall use to build the device.  That shall happen soon.

In the meantime, enjoy the badassmodesauce video.  Peace.

~Ian

3 comments:

  1. Are you looking to find a way to embed this, almost like the magnets? I know that's probably still far in the future, but it would be a very interesting project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that's the eventual hope. It would probably at least a couple decades off, though.

      Delete
  2. What exactly does the programming entail? Assembly language on a microcontroller? I'd like to see some raw data from a tDCS device: mental arithmetic, memory, etc. I've read bits and pieces but have never seen some actual statistics to back it up. Any papers on this "flow" state, either? Good luck.

    ReplyDelete

Anything which is both a known logical fallacy and a personal insult will be mercilessly mocked all the way to fictional hell, and anything which is one or the other will be relentlessly rebuked. I am an unconditional proponent of free speech, and as such open debate is always welcome. This means that disemvowelling and temporary suspension will only be used when commenters have shown that they are nothing more than flamers. Commenters will only be banned completely when they post information that can actively harm another individual, such as docs. Anonymous comments are disallowed to weed out cowardly flamers who hide behind anonymity. If you play nice, this may change in the future :-)